I officially moved to the UK (West Yorkshire area) a few days ago and I already have so much to tell you! The problem is that they cannot connect my Internet at home until February (*gasp* *faint*)! So I have not been able to update you in the manner in which I promised, nor have I been able to complete all my bloggy duties ….at least until now where we found “pay as you go” SIM cards for our iPads….which means I can at least get my winners of my last few giveaways off…and can give you this quick point form of things that have occurred and realizations that have hit me since I moved…
1) The flight from Toronto to London is much nicer in (upgraded) business class on British Airways where you get a seat that lies completely flat, a privacy screen and lots and lots of personal space
2) Next time I am passing through Heathrow airport I need to carry an empty carry-on and spend about 4 – 5 hours there to shop. Really awesome stores….
3) The Luv Luv is still ridiculously picky about where he does his number twos….(don’t ask and I won’t tell…)
4) The Luv Luv is remarkably strong and enduring….and was able to lift our five suitcases up and down 3 flights of apartment stairs several times because of a broken elevator, problems with getting into the apartment, problems reaching the landlord and problems reaching the locksmith, as well as pure exhaustion on our part and a decision to just go to a hotel….right before the locksmith reached….but not before we reached the hotel with all our luggage in tow (see why this would have been better if I was able to blog on the day itself?!?!).
5) “Locksmith butt” is probably as prevalent as “Plumber’s butt”, but in this case was flatter, wider and redder than I would imagine it would be….then again he was a red- head so maybe they have redder butts…? Okay that made absolutely no sense.
6) England is as chilly – different from Toronto in that I am feeling the bite of the chill more…..oh…and it’s snowing tonight…
7) Snow in small-town England is MUCH more magical than that in big-city Toronto
8) I have a lot of clothes. Really – we’ve run out of storage and I have 3 more suitcases to empty….as well as 17 boxes that are being shipped here. Oxfam is about to get a big donation.
9) I had a lot of ppl waiting for me to get here! I feel so blessed and loved! Now if only they lived less than 4 hours drive away from me….
10) I am still Pottery-Barn-efficient at putting on duvet covers (used to work there).
11) Speaking of Pottery Barn, they do International shipping now!! Just when their stuff is not allowable in our extra-tight budget #natch
12) There’s this great Home Depot/Canadian Tire blend store called Homebase here that I can go a bit nuts in.
13) A Jaffa cake is really a cookie. And there is soy custard readily available in Sainsbury’s… more on that later
14) I need to re-discover and re-learn all the available gluten free skin products available. Shipping charges from Suki Skincare and Ecco Bella is ridiculous to where I am!
15) I was seriously stressed without realizing it over the past few months. Now that I am here I feel so much more relaxed even though I have to put the apartment together, get the Luv Luv ready for school and job hunt. At least this is progressive, whereas I have been in limbo for so long.
So the best thing is being here, in our own space, living together again at last. Yes, he has his annoying habits, and he has lost some of his “training” (you gals know what I am talking about?!), but we are together and loving each other’s company.
Happy New Year and all the best in 2013!