Now, I know a lot of people in this modern world think that the traditional tasks a wife does for a husband is mute, but I believe it’s not. I don’t believe a wife should be a slave to her husband, but I do believe there are things they can do that just show their love just a little more – and the traditional tasks are usually well appreciated by the husband (at least by mine, and by Dina-Marie’s).
Please re-welcome Dina-Marie from Dimes2Vines, who is guest posting here for me while I’m away for a second time (you can see the first one about Foods to Improve your Memory here)! She is truly a talented writer and blogs about her family’s life style change from the corporate world in Alabama to beginning a vineyard in west Texas. From children, chickens, cows to coupons, she desires to encourage others where they are with what they have.
You might think that after almost 28 years of marriage and having 10 children with the same man, our love would grow old. I guess it could, if I let it – but I refuse!
People often ask me, “how, after so long together, do you keep the love alive?”. I have to say that it does not happen by accident.
My husband was a chemist for 20 years and we had a very comfortable life. Then, we moved our family from Alabama to Texas to begin a commercial family vineyard. My support in following his desire for such a change made a huge impact on him – realizing that I would leave a secure life to follow his dream. Your husband knows by your actions and attitudes whether or not you will follow his dreams!
Whether or not you are called on to show your devotion so overtly or just through the actions of daily life, let’s look at 5 ways to show him you care:
1. Get up with him in the morning. Whether to have breakfast of just share a cup of coffee, let him know you want to spend time with him even if it means you lose sleep.
2. Take care of yourself.
- Maintain a proper weight.
- Exercise does wonders for you energy level, as well as, muscle tone, and increasing the sense of well being by releasing “happy hormones” or endorphins.
- Healthy eating is good, not only for you, but also for your family. Eating a healthy diet will often mean cutting out processed and fast foods resulting in weight loss.
3. When your husband comes home from work, stop and greet him. This shows enthusiasm for his return and conveys to him that you missed him. Stop what you are doing and go give him a kiss!
4. Straighten up the house before he comes home. This does not have to be deep cleaning, just tidy up a bit. After all, he has been working all day and a house in order provides a sense of peace and security.
5. Create romantic time together. It can be very elaborate with babysitter, restaurant reservations and movie tickets or, as simple as, watching a movie together complete with candles after the children are in bed.
Use your imagination and purpose to show your man that he is your number one!