I’ve decided to to the 10 day sickie challenge from Monique over at A Messy Happiness. I’ve been complaining a lot on my blog these days and she reminded me that there are people, some very close to my heart, that definitely have it worse and complain less.
FIVE QUOTES I ACTUALLY BELIEVE
(I am not a quote person so this is possibly the hardest of these 10 days so far…
I apologize for these not being that inspirational….
and for not knowing who originially said these!)
- “When you hit around 25 your hormones will betray you….” My Mommy said this to us when we were a lot younger, meaning that at that age you sort of start paying most attention to finding a mate and procreating. She was trying to point out that when you do hit that age, do not forget to look after yourself first and foremost.
- “The eyes are the windows to the soul” I truly believe that if you want to see the true nature of the person, look at their eyes. For example, a true smile ALWAYS extends to the eyes. If someone is sadistic you will always notice it if you look into their eyes. Benevolence, malevolence, love, charity, evil is all truly visible in someone’s eyes.
- “You are what you eat” God knows this is true – you especially notice this when you have food allergies/intolerances. Treat your body like the temple it is and it will take care of you.
- “Kindness is contagious” If you lead by example you will be surprised how much kinder and friendly your world becomes
- “Practice what you preach” If you aren’t true to yourself, who else will you be true to? Don’t be a hypocrite in anything – to others or to yourself. It may be hard but you’ll be a lot more happy with who you are on an everyday basis…..and the world will thank you for it too (okay maybe not literally).
I’m sorry this post was sorta crappy – I really am not a quote person I promise to make the next ones better!